Saturday, July 1

What To Expect : Internships Q&A

Hi!
Here are some of the questions collected by some people who private messaged me, especially on Twitter. Yes, I am here to talk about internship again.

Q : What did you do during your first day of internship?
A :  Introduction to the colleagues, and what I had to do during the whole period. On my first day, I got a hand in job, where I had to help my supervisor about the report. As I was an Intern at Telekom Malaysia, I had to help them with the FCCAS Report, as well as the table and mind maps in the report.

Q : How long was your internship period?
A : 3 months.

Q : Do you have to learn anything before going for intern?
A : Strengthen your Microsoft Word & Excel skill. Do not lie in your CV, if you had intermediate skill of using it, do not state "Proficient in using Microsoft Word or Excel". It is because, later, when the Pivot Table comes and other harder tasks are given, you'll not be taught. 

Q : What to bring during meetings?
A : Pen and a notebook where you write down every details of your internship. Do not write it on just plain papers because you need these information that you jot down in your final internship report.

Q : How did the supervisor access you?
A : How efficient I did the work. It is kind of scary to ask other colleagues actually because everyone is too busy their work, and they have no time to walk you through your tasks.  

Q : Is your job log full?
A : Yes, get your supervisor to sign your job log every end of the week or month.

Q: How hard is the work of an intern?
A : It was not hard, in my opinion. Maybe the SAP application was the hardest, because you know accounting is not my forte. Otherwise, just excel the art of using Microsoft and do not procrastinate. 

Q : How was your internship presentation?
A : My lecturer came to access me. I did my presentation about the company, their intermediaries, my managers' job details, the tasks that I was assigned to do, and some screenshots of my work throughout the 3 months. 

Sorry for not updating as frequent, If there are any questions, please feel free to leave a message or PM me via Twitter : @keerasara

Love,
Keerasara

No comments:

Post a Comment